GIRLS MAJORS SOFTBALL OVERVIEW
The Girls Majors Softball Division is a competitive softball league for Little League Age 9 through 12-year old girls (see the Little League Age Determination HERE). Team placement is through a mandatory pre-season player assessment process and a division draft. Girls Majors Softball managers and coaches reinforce softball fundamentals, teamwork, sportsmanship, and fun.
Practices begin in mid-March, and games begin the first weekend in April. Regular season league and inter-league games are played on a weekday evenings and double-headers on Saturdays at a variety of locations in our local Roaring Fork and Eagle Valleys and to the west (between TRLL and the Colorado/Utah border). The regular season concludes the third weekend in May (prior to Memorial Day weekend). Inter-league tournament play is scheduled thereafter depending on the team’s season record.
- Majors teams will play approximately 12-15 league and inter-league games. Inter-league games are mainly played against the nearby Rifle and Grand Junction area Little Leagues. Therefore, please plan on travel to these locations for at least half, or more, of the season’s games.
- Players on a Majors team should expect to be on the field 4-5 times per week between games and practices.
- TRLL provides each player with a team jersey (which is to be returned at the end of the season), a visor, belt and socks.
- TRLL will provide bats, baseballs, in-field face masks and catchers equipment to use during the season.
- The players must provide the balance of their uniforms (cleats, pants, under-garments), baseball glove and a bag; if necessary.
- Rosters may be composed of between 10 and 15 players.
- The field layout used is a 60-foot diamond and the pitching distance is 40 feet.
Parents are welcome to become involved in Three Rivers Little League. After completing a Little League Volunteer Application and passing a required national background check, parents may become involved in practices, and be eligible as coaches/managers (upon TRLL board approval), umpires, local league board members and other volunteer positions within the League.
Girls Majors Softball Pre-Season Assessments
All players who register for Girls Majors Softball must attend a Pre-Season Assessment. Assessments are tentatively scheduled for March 2nd or 3rd, 2019. Specific times and locations will be published on www.3riversll.com and updates will be e-mailed to players that have registered for Girls Majors Softball. Players need only attend ONE Assessment date. In the case of inclement weather, tryouts will be held at an alternate indoor location specified by the town. All 9 through 12-year old’s will be drafted onto a Girls Majors Softball team. The purpose of the assessments is to ensure that players are registered for the division that best matches their playing level and to assist in forming balanced teams within each division.
Historically, TRLL’s Girls Softball teams have been formed out of Eagle County, Glenwood Springs and the Roaring Fork Valley. Thus, please expect to have a combined team that includes Vail, Avon, Edwards, Eagle and Gypsum if playing in Eagle County as well as Aspen, Basalt, El Jebel and Carbondale if playing in the Roaring Fork Valley. Practice and games are held in a central location; usually the Eagle WECMRD Sports Complex for Eagle County players and in Carbondale for Roaring Fork Valley players
Questions about Assessments? Contact your local Player Agent: